Website Old House Hotel & Spa
More than just a place to stay...
To increase customer satisfaction by providing efficient and courteous Front Desk / Guest service in accordance with the standards of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support and participate in the hiring, training, including feedback for quarterly performance reviews and probationary reviews of the guest services team
• Ensures retention of Front of House team through regular communications and maintains a goal-oriented focus on training and development.
• Accountable for ensuring that all policies and procedures are in place and adhered to, continuously monitored to maintain accuracy.
• Supports the Guest Services Manager (GSM) in developing and implementing strategic plans.
• Provides leadership, training and support to department associates, with respect to all Guest Services processes.
• Practices above average principles of revenue management and utilizes revenue management techniques in order to maximize occupancy and average rates while maintaining a high quality of guest service.
• Ensures peak night conversion through training and development, creating and implementing a yearly percentage target, and incentives surrounding such.
• Works with the GSM to prepare annual budget and ensures that the Front Office operates within the approved budgets through use of checkbook accounting and forecasting.
• Ensures that front of house standards, uniform and par stocks are effectively maintained.
• Coaches and leads associates, in guest problem resolution processes, to ensure that guest service opportunities are resolved quickly and addressed effectively.
• Motivates and coaches GSA in order to maximize associate productivity and satisfaction.
• Promotes and encourages inter departmental cooperation and communication so that customer service and overall guest satisfaction is at an optimum.
• Review arrivals for accuracy and opportunities to enhance the guest experience.
• Ensures accuracy of room block assignments, special requests and VIP accommodations.
• Oversees the security function for the Hotel which would include ensuring effective key control and guest room security.
• Ensures timely & accurate processing/tracking of gift certificates.
• Ensure accuracy and standards of our RCI program.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory Guest Service position preferred.
• Previous Revenue Management experience preferred.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, network systems required.
• Strong abilities to prioritize tasks, meet all deadlines, and attention to detail and analytical skills are required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required as are strong customer service focus and problem resolution skills.
• Excellent leader and coach who has a passion to bring out the best in their teammates and themselves.
This individual will:
• Work evenings and weekends
• Welcome many different kinds of challenging assignments that involve the pursuit of clear goals and objectives.
• Be an enthusiastic self-starter who wants the autonomy to work independently.
• Use their confidence, optimism and motivational skills to earn the admiration and trust of coworkers.
• Be well liked and will relate well with both coworkers and customers.
• Have a confidant and decisive approach with a desire to achieve clear results.
• Be an effective coach who likes to work with others.