UPDATE: July 1, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about how we, the team members at the Old House Hotel & Spa, are addressing the COVID-19 virus challenge in conjunction with the BC Restart Plan.
We are so encouraged by the declining case numbers and the increasing vaccination numbers. At the Old House Hotel & Ohspa, slowing the covid-19 pandemic and ensuring the safety of our guests, team and community continue to be our foremost priorities. We are ever-grateful for the amazing efforts of our healthcare workers and wish to recognize all those who have been and who continue to be affected by this virus.
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry has introduced a four-step RESTART PLAN to bring us all together. We have successfully completed Step One and Two and are now in Step Three of the Plan. Specific changes that affect our business include: 1) travel within our Province and throughout Canada by Canadian residents is now allowed; and 2) indoor gatherings with a safety plan in place and up to 50 people are now allowed, making our meeting space available, once again.
As we welcome travelers from across Canada, we want to assure you we are following or exceeding all provincial safety requirements. We require masks in indoor spaces for those who haven’t been fully vaccinated, and invite anyone to wear a mask given privacy or health reasons.
We are grateful for your trust and loyalty during these difficult times and appreciate your continued patience as we now slowly return to pre-pandemic staffing and operational levels, while also addressing capacity challenges. Our team will continue to provide, to the best of our ability, the highest standard of thoughtful, friendly and safe hospitality. We realize these changes may pose some questions, so please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Hotel Items: Here are some things you should know regarding your travel to the Old House Hotel & Spa:
- Our Hotel is open and remains your private, safe “home away from home.” Physical distancing is possible given that we are located a safe distance from other residences and businesses. Situated along the scenic Courtenay Estuary, our Hotel buildings are close to a beautiful walking trail, perfect for observing wildlife. The majority of our suites have opening doors and/or windows, whereby we are able to maintain a fresh and filtered air flow. Kitchenettes allow for fun dining experiences (take-out or home cooking) in your room or on your deck, and washing machines and dryers also are available.
- Ohspa is open for services daily, 10am – 6pm. Ohspa also offers a stocked EasyShop well worth visiting. It’s a safe way to shop among our favourite, local and world renown, organic skin care and bath product lines. Perfect for friends and family gifts as well as products to bring home or enjoy while you’re staying with us. Please visit the Ohspa website for more information about our spa safe services here.
- The Fitness Centre is available by reservation. Our team will clean the facility prior to every booking.
- Our outdoor heated pool and hot tub are open as is our indoor heated hot tub. Please be aware that the pool patio area is open for adults only, after 9pm. Likewise, during busy periods, we ask that all remain mindful of their time and allow others to share our great amenities.
- Locals Restaurant, our four-star dining partner, is open with plenty of distanced seating, indoors and outdoors, including a beautiful outdoor patio.
- Stay service continues to be suspended during Phase 3 of the BC Restart Plan. Fresh linens and towels as well as garbage/recycling pick up are available upon request. Special requests for stay service will be accommodated if possible.
- While thorough cleaning operations throughout the Hotel are standard operating procedure, we have further intensified our cleaning/sanitizing efforts throughout the Hotel. (Please see itemized protocols below.)
- Check-out is safe and convenient! Just press “0” from your guest phone or call: 250-703-0202. Leave your keys in your guest room, and we will email your receipt.
- Global travel restrictions are still in place, so international travelers wanting to visit BC will have to postpone their trip if not considered “essential” business.
Notice to All Guests: We’d like to ask the following of you, in order to ensure your safety as well as that of our other guests.
- By Provincial Order, please wear a mask if you have not been fully vaccinated.
- Please observe the protocols for managing COVID-19: Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds; monitor your health; observe physical distancing; shield your cough; do not take any unnecessary risks; and consider the well-being of others as you limit your exposure.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of illness (fever, trouble breathing, coughing, sore throat, fatigue) please postpone your visit until you are well.
We will continue to stay connected with you on Facebook and Instagram. Finally, should you have any questions regarding your stay or our operations, please do not hesitate to call us 24/7 at 250-703-0202.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
David Rooper, cha/General Manager and the Old House Hotel & Spa Team
Cleaning/Safety Protocols to Ensure Your Safety
The following are some of the key protocols to ensure a clean and safe environment:
– Hand sanitizer, tissues and wastebaskets available for all hotel guests
– Regularly sanitizing of the Front Desk, public areas, and elevators
– Disinfecting all room keys when returned, as well as all keypads after each use
– Adding signage throughout the hotel reminding guests and staff of how to protect themselves and prevent the spread of illness.
A full deep-cleaning of each room after each guest, including use of an electrostatic sprayer. This technology brings new, 360-degree, touchless disinfection and sanitizing capabilities to infection control experts, and reaches up to 3X more surfaces in the same amount of time it would take with today’s buckets, rags, wipes or other infection control tools.
– Professionally laundered (sterilized) sheets, towels, etc.
– 3-hour vacancy of rooms prior to room assignment
– Team has been provided with additional training, cleaning supplies, masks and gloves.
– Team must complete the COVID-19 symptom pre-screening and will not enter the property if exhibiting flu-like symptoms.