UPDATE: April 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about how we, the team members at the Old House Hotel & Spa, are addressing the COVID-19 virus challenge in conjunction with the BC Restart Plan.
- Provincial and regional restrictions are in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19. The Public Health Officer has introduced province-wide restrictions that will be in effect until January 18,2022. Read the restrictions.
- If you’re travelling within or to Canada, make a plan to show proof of vaccination.
We welcome travelers from across Canada and internationally who follow Health Authority travel guidelines and assure you we are following or exceeding all provincial safety requirements.
Your trust and loyalty is appreciated as is your continued patience while we do our very best to operate safely during the ongoing pandemic challenges. Our team will continue to provide, to the best of our ability, the highest standard of thoughtful, friendly and safe hospitality. We realize ongoing restrictions might pose some questions, so please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Here are some things you should know regarding your travel to the Old House Hotel & Spa:
- Our Hotel is open and remains your private, safe “home away from home.” Situated along the scenic Courtenay Estuary, our Hotel buildings are close to a beautiful walking trail, perfect for observing wildlife. The majority of our suites have opening doors and/or windows, whereby we are able to maintain a fresh and filtered air flow. Kitchenettes allow for fun dining experiences (take-out or home cooking) in your room or on your deck, and washing machines and dryers also are available.
- Ohspa is open for services and retail shopping Tuesday – Saturday, 10am – 6pm, closed Sunday, Monday and holidays. Mask wearing is optional for both clients and staff. Please visit the Ohspa website for more information about our services and extensive selection of natural, organic products here.
- The Fitness Centre is open.
- Our outdoor heated pool and hot tub are open as is our indoor heated hot tub. Please be aware that the pool patio area is open for adults only, after 9pm. Likewise, during busy periods, we ask that all remain mindful of their time and allow others to share our great amenities.
- Locals Restaurant, our four-star dining partner, is open with plenty of distanced seating, indoors and outdoors, including a new beautiful outdoor patio. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Stay service continues to be suspended. Fresh linens and towels as well as garbage/recycling pick up are available upon request. Special requests for stay service will be accommodated if possible.
- While thorough cleaning operations throughout the Hotel are standard operating procedure, we have further intensified our cleaning/sanitizing efforts throughout the Hotel. (Please see itemized protocols below.)
- Check-out is safe and convenient! Just press “0” from your guest phone or call: 250-703-0202. Leave your keys in your guest room, and we will email your receipt.
Notice to All Guests: We’d like to ask the following of you, in order to ensure your safety as well as that of our other guests.
- Please observe the protocols for managing COVID-19: Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds; monitor your health; observe physical distancing; shield your cough; do not take any unnecessary risks; and consider the well-being of others as you limit your exposure.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of illness (fever, trouble breathing, coughing, sore throat, fatigue) please postpone your visit until you are well.
At the Old House Hotel & Ohspa, slowing the covid-19 pandemic and ensuring the safety of our guests, team and community continue to be our foremost priorities. We are ever-grateful for the amazing efforts of our healthcare workers and wish to recognize all those who have been and who continue to be affected by this virus.
We will continue to stay connected with you on Facebook and Instagram. Finally, should you have any questions regarding your stay or our operations, please do not hesitate to call us 24/7 at 250-703-0202. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
David Rooper, cha/General Manager and the Old House Hotel & Spa Team
Cleaning/Safety Protocols to Ensure Your Safety
The following are some of the key protocols to ensure a clean and safe environment:
- Hand sanitizer, tissues and wastebaskets available for all hotel guests
- Regularly sanitizing of the Front Desk, public areas, and elevators
- A full deep-cleaning of each room after each guest
- Professionally laundered (sterilized) sheets, towels, etc.