UPDATE: November 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about how we, the team members at the Old House Hotel & Spa, continue to address the COVID-19 virus challenge and other illnesses that are escalating during the fall/winter season.
PROOF OF VACCINATION: You don’t need proof of covid-19 vaccination to access businesses, events or services in B.C. You may need proof of vaccination for international travel.
MASKS: We encourage our guests to wear masks in our public spaces as it is now flu season. However, wearing masks in public indoor settings is not required by public health and is a personal choice.
Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises. It’s important that we respect the choices of people, businesses and one another.
Your trust and loyalty are appreciated as is your continued patience while we do our very best to return to pre-pandemic levels of operation. Our team will continue to provide, to the best of our ability, the highest standard of thoughtful, friendly and safe hospitality.
Here are some things you should know regarding your travel to the Old House Hotel & Spa:
- Our Hotel is open and remains your private, safe “home away from home.” Situated along the scenic Courtenay Estuary, our Hotel buildings are close to a beautiful walking trail, perfect for observing wildlife. The majority of our suites have opening doors and/or windows, whereby we are able to maintain a fresh and filtered air flow. Kitchenettes allow for fun dining experiences (take-out or home cooking) in your room or on your deck, and washing machines and dryers also are available.
- Ohspa is open for services and retail shopping Monday 10 am – 4pm, Tuesday – Saturday, 10am – 6pm, closed Sunday and holidays. Mask wearing is optional for both clients and staff. Please visit the Ohspa website for more information about our services and extensive selection of natural, organic products here.
- The Fitness Centre is open.
- Our outdoor heated pool and hot tub are open. Please be aware that the pool patio area is open for adults only, after 9pm. Likewise, during busy periods, we ask that all remain mindful of their time and allow others to share our great amenities.
- Locals Restaurant, our four-star dining partner, is open with plenty of protected seating.
- Stay service continues to be suspended. Fresh linens and towels as well as garbage/recycling pick up are available upon request. Special requests for stay service will be accommodated if possible.
- While thorough cleaning operations throughout the Hotel are standard operating procedure, we have further intensified our cleaning/sanitizing efforts throughout the Hotel. (Please see itemized protocols below.)
- Check-out is safe and convenient! Just press “0” from your guest phone or call: 250-703-0202. Leave your keys in your guest room, and we will email your receipt.
Notice to All Guests: We’d like to ask the following of you, in order to ensure your safety as well as that of our other guests. If you are experiencing symptoms of illness (fever, trouble breathing, coughing, sore throat, fatigue) please postpone your visit until you are well.
We will continue to stay connected with you on Facebook and Instagram. Finally, should you have any questions regarding your stay or our operations, please do not hesitate to call us 24/7 at 250-703-0202. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
David Rooper, cha/General Manager and the Old House Hotel & Spa Team
Cleaning/Safety Protocols to Ensure Your Safety
The following are some of the key protocols to ensure a clean and safe environment:
- Hand sanitizer, tissues and wastebaskets available for all hotel guests
- Regularly sanitizing of the Front Desk, public areas, and elevators
- A full deep-cleaning of each room after each guest
- Professionally laundered (sterilized) sheets, towels, etc.